Breakfast in Bed
I love breakfast and I've spent the last few months perfecting this breakfast skillet. I thought it would be a perfect meal to make for someone as breakfast in bed. This skillet is savoury and really easy to make. I love a big breakfast, so I eat this by myself, but if you want a smaller breakfast, you could split it. You also don't need a skillet to make this because I have one, but not everyone does.
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 2 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cups of diced red onion
- 1/4 cups of diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves of miced garlic
- 1 large pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of crumbled feta
- Two eggs, cooked the way you like. I suggest over easy or poached. You will add this on the skillet at the end.
- In a large/medium frying pan, add 4 tablespoons of butter and allow it to melt at a medium heat.
- Add potatoes and cook until golden brown. Will take about 20 minutes, cover with lid to allow some steaming. Make sure you flip the potatoes every five minutes.
- In a separate small frying pan, add two tablespoons of butter and allow to melt at a medium heat.
- Add red onion, bell pepper, and garlic to small frying pan and let it cook until it's translucent. Add paprika and salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are golden brown (start making your eggs now), add the onion mixture to the potatoes. Mix gently with a spatula.
- Add cheese on top of the potatoes and let it melt.
- Place potatoes into a bowl, add feta, and place eggs on top. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading,