BBQ Mushroom and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
I needed it to be summer and I needed it fast. To me, nothing says summer like BBQ and pineapple. It's romaine lettuce, king oyster mushrooms, and pineapple slaw. I don't have a cool long story, I just wanted to make these and they were delicious!
- 2 packs of king oyster mushrooms, cut length wise
- BBQ Sauce, use as much as you want
- 1 3-pack of romaine lettuce, you'll want to use the large leaf's for the wraps
- 1 pack of coleslaw mix
- 1 can of pineapple pieces, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- Lime juice, fresh (1 lime) from the bottle (2-3 splashes)
How to make it:
1) On a baking tray, bake the mushrooms at 350 degrees until they are fork tender.
2) While the mushrooms are baking, make the pineapple slaw. In a bowl, add the coleslaw mix, pineapple chunks, as much cilantro as you want, red onion, radishes, and lime.
3) Once the mushrooms are fork tender, shred the mushrooms with a fork length wise. Place them in a frying pan. To shred, you take a mushroom,place it horizontally on the cutting board, take the fork, place it at the left of the mushroom and pull towards the right. Do this until the mushroom is shredded, like the picture below.
4) Fry the mushrooms until they are a little golden brown. Then pour as much BBQ sauce as you want. Once the sauce is caramelizing to the mushrooms, they are ready. Another way to know they will be ready is when they will stick the pan a little.
5) To assemble, lay the romaine on a plate, put a little mushroom on the leaf, then place the slaw on top. Enjoy.
Thanks for reading, Samantha