Valentine's Day is soon approaching and that means you have to do something romantic for your partner. Or maybe you don't feel that way, who knows. That being said, I got this idea from The Help. Just the chocolate pie though, nothing else. This pie is very sweet, but very delicious. Did I mention I made it super easy for you?
In all seriousness, I feel like whether you celebrate on Valentines day or another day because you don't want to be trapped in the commercial holiday, you can do something nice for your partner like make them a romantic meal. This week, I have dessert, but next week I have more meal ideas.
The recipe comes from this blog, but I made some small adjustments.
For pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the shell
- One pie crust from Tenderflake
For the top
- 1 small container of Whipping cream (school size), it's also a cup if you can only find the bigger sizes.
- 1 small spoonful of vanilla
- 2 large spoonfuls of powdered sugar
How to make it:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
3) Pour the ingredients in the pie crust. Place the pie into the oven and bake for 50 minutes. The pie top will be baked and crusty, but the inside might still jiggle a little and that's okay. Also, your over might be a little different so monitor the pie.
4) Let the pie cool and place it in the fridge.
5) When you are ready to make the pie, make the whipped cream. In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream, vanilla, and sugar until you get stiff peaks.
Thanks for reading,