Want to eat less carbs? This is for you! THIS IS NOT VEGAN, BUT YOU CAN MAKE IT VEGAN IF YOU WANTED.
Time: 40-60 minutes
- 6 small zucchini
- mandolin ( or slice them thin)
- Baking trays
- 1 pack of ground Turkey (Or the vegan ground round or go meatless)
- 2 bell peppers
- 8 mushrooms ((or a small pack)
- 1 regular onion
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 small pack of spinach
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder or cloves
- 2 jars of tomato sauce
- ricotta cheese
- bag of shredded mozzarella
- One 9x9 baking dish
- Slice zucchini into thin slices length wise. Place them on baking sheets and sprinkle salt over them. This will help remove the water. Leave them for 10-15 minutes and pat them dry.
- Start making the sauce. In a large frying pan, start to cook the ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and Italian seasoning (as much or as little as you want, I do like two pinches each, less for the salt)
- Chop up all the vegetables and place in another frying pan. Cook until reduced in size or when the onion is transparent. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and Italian seasoning (as much or as little as you want, I do like two pinches each, less for the salt)
- Add the meat to the vegetables, then add sauce. I like to add 1/2 cup water at this point to loosen up the sauce.
- Let the sauce come to a boil and turn off the heat.
- In your baking dish, layer sauce, zucchini, ricotta, and mozzarella until you reach the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and there are golden brown edges.
- Serve and enjoy.
Thanks for reading, Samantha