Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, unfortunately it causes my skin to breakout. The best part of that ice cream is the cookie dough, so why not make a healthy-ish treat out of it when I want something sweet!
I got this recipe online, I have no idea where, I wrote the recipe on post-it and it's been on the cupboard in my house for weeks.
Tips for this recipe:
- Almond flour is expensive, I made my own with white almonds I got at Bulk Barn. If you want Costco also apparently has almond flour and it's less expensive overall.
- If you don't like coconut, you won't like this recipe.
- You need a food processor, or food processor like machine.
How to make almond flour:
- Take your white almonds (called California Almonds at Bulk Barn) put them in a food processor. Turn on the food processor and process until you get the texture you want. It will not be a finely milled as you would get at the store, but I am okay with the texture.
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes (Finely milled would be better texture wise)
- 6 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Food processor
- Put the almond flour and coconut flakes in the food processor. Process together.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients in the processor and continue to process together.
- You should have the texture of cookie dough. Put all of the dough in a bowl and add chocolate chips.
- It will be sticky, but make small balls with the dough and place them in the freezer.
- Eat when you have a hankering for cookie dough.
Thanks for reading,