Pumpkin Halloween Treats
I love pumpkins! They make me happy. I also had 10 cups of rice crispy cereal that was taking up space in my cupboard. So I did what all practical people do, I used them to make rice crispy treats shaped like pumpkins. BECAUSE I REALLY REALLY LIKE PUMPKINS!
Here's what you need:
- 1 and 1/4 cup of rice crispy cereals
- 1 cup of mini marshmallow (or large marshmallow)
- Orange food colouring (I used orange gel food colouring because it is more pigmented)
- Mini reeses peanut butter cups
- Oil spray (optional)
How to make it:
- Melt about two tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan that is set on low.
- Melt one cup of marshmallows set on low.
- Add as much orange food colouring as you want until you get the desired colour.
- Mix in the rice crispy treat. Remove from heat.
- Place butter on your hands or spray the oil on your hands (you will need to do this between each rice crispy ball)
- Grab a small handful of the mixture once it is off the heat for about two minutes or easy to handle. Make a ball and add a mini reese cup on the top and push in. The heat will melt the chocolate to the ball.
Serving them in a cauldron makes it so much more fun.
You can also put them in bags to give them to friends or family. I will warn you though to maybe use a cellophane bag because these bags smelled of strong chemicals and dyes and ruined the taste of these treats.
Enjoy and thanks for reading,