2017 Goals, Intentions, and Positive Affirmations Update
Hi beauties! Can you believe it's been six months since I wrote about my goals for 2017?! I can't, how time flies. So it's time for an update, if you've been around for the past six months, you'll know they have been pretty intense at times, so after re-reading my goals, I find it funny how I've barely accomplished any of those things and I've really been focusing on new things. Things that bring me joy and positivity. I'm just going to get into it, why wait.
1) Write a book. If you've gotten to know me in my lifetime, you've known that my deepest darkest secret is that I want to write a book. So were going to do it.
Update: This never happened. Maybe it will one day, but I'm not in any hurry.
2) Maintain my healthy habits. This was non-negotiable, it is imperative that I keep up with my healthy habits.
Update: Healthy habits have been maintained. Although, when you live on your own, it's super easy to eat ice cream for supper, so that's something I've had to be mindful of. It's much easier to not have it in the house and avoiding it entirely. I had a little bit of a harder time working out this year so far, but it's been really good these past three months.
3) Build relationships and maintain current ones. As an adult, I've found maintaining friendships and finding new ones to be very difficult, so this year, I would like to work on that.
Update: maintaining friendships is so hard! I've found that I just don't want the same things as some people and that's okay! Where I want to live in a place of positivity and equality, some don't and I've learnt to let it go; and accept that I am in a new place where I can't sit idle and be disrespected. It's my new form of self love and self respect. Now I am all about quality and not quantity.
4) Use up my five hot yoga classes. I still have them and I haven't been to hot yoga since 2015. I'm not a real yogi, I just like to buy yoga mats.
Update: I went to one of those five classes. However, I did start going to Karma classes a lot more and that led to me getting unlimited yoga for the summer and oh my god, it's been such a breath of fresh air for me. I am so so so in love with the feelings I get from yoga.
5) Drink more water. I just think I don't get enough.
Update: I drink more water all the time! It's been so amazing.
6) Publish a new blog post every week. It's very hard for me to not do this.
Update: I wanted to do this, but then I realized I wouldn't be putting out content that I liked. So I've been putting out content when I feel like it, when I feel like a piece is ready.
7) Move out. It's actually going to happen this year. It's going to be an adjustment for me, especially since I lie about being great with change. I'm not, it gets to everyone. It's going to be exciting though.
Update: Moved out, loving it, the house it great and I spend so much more quality time with my family now.
8) Go outside during the winter and do outside activities. Maybe it's because my snow pants haven't fit until this year, but going outside in the cold has never been my favourite. I used to love it though.
Update: We had a pretty terrible winter, not going to pretend like I got out more.
1) Kayak more. Who buys a kayak and uses it three times? I do. The cart is still in the box. I didn't use it enough and I freaking love kayaking!
Update: No kayaking has been done this year. My kayak is at my parents house and to be frank, the weather hasn't been great kayaking weather. We will get out though!
2) Travel to a new place. Obviously I could do this whenever, but last July I bought a ticket to Beachbody's Summit in New Orleans and I intend to go.
Update: Canceled my ticket to Summit! I had a gut feeling like it wasn't for me and turns out it wasn't. So I am not going to New Orleans, but you know where I did go? Hawaii and that was amazing! I've also been staycationing around New Brunswick and I'm so in love with my little province.
3) Hike to the top of a mountain. Last August I made it two hours up on a five hour up trek. This year, I'm going to the top.
Update: Were not going to climb a mountain this year :( oh well. Next year!
4) Start a veggie garden. I tried this last year, I learnt a lot. They all died except for the peas.
Update: I planted a lot of flowers this year, I have a cilantro patch outside, and I have onions and green beans growing in pots. I don't have a lot of room to grow much this year, but I am happy with what I have.
1) Be authentic. I am a vibrantly positive person and I like being kind. I don't always like being around people and sometimes I get very quiet. I am introverted and extroverted and that's okay. I want to radiate love and I want to be true to myself. I want to work hard and continue to be positive. I want to always listen to my gut and know when I need to let go of things. I want to embrace change as much as I can and I just want to accept others and myself.
2) Learn how to do a headstand. I love learning new things and this is my new yoga goal.
3) Continue my adventures. My Instagram is filled with day adventures and quite frankly those are some of my favourites! I just want to visit little nooks of the world and find adventure in them.
4) Do Shift Shop this July. I am no longer a Beachbody coach, but that doesn't mean I don't love their programs. They have a new one coming out on the 12th and I am so excited to try it.
5) Declutter...again. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have and I don't even have that much stuff. Just a sign I need to get rid of some things.
6) Wear more sunscreen. Gasp, I know. I know. I preach sunscreen wear to you guys all the time and I am the worst offender this summer.
7) Be more proud of my body. I am not a size two, I am not super skinny, but I do care for my body, I do fuel it properly. I still feel like I haven't done enough for it and often I feel this way when I look in the mirror and that has to stop! I am beautiful and perfect in my own way. I have also come a long way from where I was a year ago.
8) Be dairy free. I say I will do this every week and every week, there I am getting ice cream. I barely eat cheese, I hate yogurt and milk, its the frozen treats that get me every time. I'm working on this goal.
9) Create more. I can knit and paint. I don't do these things enough and I really want to.
10) Don't buy makeup until November. I have enough, I don't need new things.
It's so important to remind oneself about these things and to keep them constant throughout the year. These haven't changed.
1) I am loved.
2) I am intelligent.
3) I will always work hard for what I want.
4) I can workout every day.
5) I can eat healthy every day.
6) I am appreciated.
7) I can tune out the negative energy and I can live without it.
8) I am in charge of my life and I can do with it what I want.
9) I forgive those who have hurt me in the past and peacefully detach from them.
10) Creative energy lives within me and I am in-tune with wonderful ideas.
11) I am courageous and stand up for myself.
12) My efforts are being supported by the universe.
13) I radiate love, grace, and beauty.
14) My self esteem is high because I honour who I am.
15) I love every cell on my body.
16) I offer an apology to those affected by my anger.
17) I trust myself to make the best decisions for myself.
18) I surround myself with people who treat me well.
19) I take pleasure in my own solitude.
20) I start and end each day with gratitude and joy.
Thanks for reading,
How: Plant less, but more resilient veggies. Also, water them every night, so they don't die.