2017 Goals, Intentions, and Positive Affirmations
One of my favourite blog posts from 2016 was my "Next Year is This Year", where I shared all my goals. I don't really like setting resolutions, I find concrete goals with an action plan a lot more affective and a lot more rewarding. Now last year, there was a lot on the list that were more or less visions instead of concrete resolutions or goals. I didn't really get into much detail of what I would like my year to look like or how I wanted to feel at the end.
2016 brought many wonderful things to me and I didn't know that the beginning and end would be so different. Throughout the year, I found myself changing and that is due to all the personal development, healthy eating, and the exercise I've been doing. I found that creating positive affirmations, vision boards, and setting intentions helped me stay on track and helped me remain on the positivity track. The biggest change was my attitude. I wasn't happy with myself for a very long time, now I loved aspects of myself, but not all of me was vibrating at the same frequency, meaning my attitude sucked at times. I finally felt what it was like to be on a positive frequency and that was incredible.
This year, I wanted to share with everyone what my goals were, how I planned on getting there, and my positive affirmations. If I can inspire someone to stay on the positivity track, or get there, that's everything to me.
1) Write a book. If you've gotten to know me in my lifetime, you've known that my deepest darkest secret is that I want to write a book. So were going to do it.
How: In January, I'll be writing the outline. In February and March, I'll be writing about the main characters, there are six. There will be more updates down the road, but for now, let's stick to three months.
2) Maintain my healthy habits. This was non-negotiable, it is imperative that I keep up with my healthy habits.
How: In January and every other month, I will be vegetarian. In February and every other month, I'll be dairy-free. Not only is this great for my body, it's also better for the environment. Its baby steps to eventually being vegan. In January, I'll be doing Core de Force an MMA/boxing style workout for 30-days. We shall see next month what my next workout will be. The only time I'll be having treats is when I deposit money into my savings account on payday. I'm also going to start meditating three times a week. Hopefully by December it will be everyday.
3) Build relationships and maintain current ones. As an adult, I've found maintaining friendships and finding new ones to be very difficult, so this year, I would like to work on that.
How: I'm going to read about it for one. It's important to do personal development on all fronts, this is one of them. I'm going to hangout with people more and make an effort to do so. Also, I'm going to just love myself because I am my #1 relationship and I will radiate love as much as possible.
4) Use up my five hot yoga classes. I still have them and I haven't been to hot yoga since 2015. I'm not a real yogi, I just like to buy yoga mats.
How: Go to Yin Yoga for five weeks straight.
5) Drink more water. I just think I don't get enough.
How: Keep a water bottle with me and fill it up when it's empty.
6) Publish a new blog post every week. It's very hard for me to not do this.
How: Every Thursday. I have to stick to this.
7) Move out. It's actually going to happen this year. It's going to be an adjustment for me, especially since I lie about being great with change. I'm not, it gets to everyone. It's going to be exciting though.
How: February (Stay posted)
8) Go outside during the winter and do outside activities. Maybe it's because my snow pants haven't fit until this year, but going outside in the cold has never been my favourite. I used to love it though.
How: Go skiing at least once in February. Go snowshoeing once a month in Jan-March with my sister. Go ice skating.
I can't do these right now because there's snow on the ground.
1) Kayak more. Who buys a kayak and uses it three times? I do. The cart is still in the box. I didn't use it enough and I freaking love kayaking!
How: Go twice a month once the water is warm enough and not frozen over.
2) Travel to a new place. Obviously I could do this whenever, but last July I bought a ticket to Beachbody's Summit in New Orleans and I intend to go.
How: Book my flight and go meet new people.
3) Hike to the top of a mountain. Last August I made it two hours up on a five hour up trek. This year, I'm going to the top.
How: Be mentally and physically ready, which means stronger legs.
4) Start a veggie garden. I tried this last year, I learnt a lot. They all died except for the peas.
How: Plant less, but more resilient veggies. Also, water them every night, so they don't die.
It's so important to remind oneself about these things and to keep them constant throughout the year.
1) I am loved.
2) I am intelligent.
3) I will always work hard for what I want.
4) I can workout every day.
5) I can eat healthy every day.
6) I am appreciated.
7) I can tune out the negative energy and I can live without it.
8) I am in charge of my life and I can do with it what I want.
9) I forgive those who have hurt me in the past and peacefully detach from them.
10) Creative energy lives within me and I am in-tune with wonderful ideas.
11) I am courageous and stand up for myself.
12) My efforts are being supported by the universe.
13) I radiate love, grace, and beauty.
14) My self esteem is high because I honour who I am.
15) I love every cell on my body.
16) I offer an apology to those affected by my anger.
17) I trust myself to make the best decisions for myself.
18) I surround myself with people who treat me well.
19) I take pleasure in my own solitude.
20) I start and end each day with gratitude and joy.
Thanks for reading,