Peppermint Hershey Blossom Cookies
I tried so hard to make these and I failed miserably. So I wasn't very hopeful for my second round. I went to the actual Hershey holiday website and found a recipe that actually works.
This made 24 cookies and are absolutely adorable.
Ingredients: - 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Sprinkles (I used the same as the shortbread recipe)
Equipment: - Hand mixer
- 2-3 cookie sheets
Instructions: 1) In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt. Then beat in milk.
2) Preheat oven to 350F. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll them into the sprinkles. Bake until the edges are lightly golden brown.
3) Once cooled a little, press a Hershey kiss into the cookie. Let them cool on a rack after this and enjoy!
Thanks for reading,