Next Year, is This Year: Check-In
In January, as my New Years resolution, I made a list of things I wanted to do in a year and I thought it would be great to check-in on my goals and ambitions to see how close I am to achieving them. I put them out into the world and let's just see what I have done and if I haven't done them, let's see how I will accomplish them.
1) Go surfing. Check in: I haven't, but I think I will be soon.
2) Start my own YouTube channel. Check in: I have made videos, but I haven't uploaded them.
3) Blog More. Check in : Yes, I have. I am trying to do twice a week, sometimes that doesn't happen.
4) Take Pictures and Frame them. Check in: I really have to change pictures in my frames and I have it on my to-do list.
5) Be more friendly to the environment. Check in: I have, except making my own coconut yogurt just was so difficult.
6) Spend less time on social media. I love it, but it can be a lot to take in sometimes. Check in: I have been, but I also got smart about it. I do it when it adds value to my life.
7) Start a new hobby. Check in: I became a Beachbody Coach and it's been incredible! I really can't believe I get the chance to work with people who are all into what I am into and they are all so supportive. It's so rewarding and it's been such a positive impact on my life.
8) Take better care of my skin. Check in: I was twice a day and I started to eat better.
9) Get outside and enjoy the nature around me. Check in: I have been going outside to read at lunch, I walked up a mountain the other day, and I do really enjoy seeing nature. I have also been kayaking.
10) Do workouts that make me feel better. Going to the gym really doesn’t motivate me to be more fit and I need to find something that does. Check in: That hilarious moment when I wrote out a vision for myself and it came true! I just read this and thought "whoa, how did Sam from the past know I needed to write that for the future?" I guess I just did and you know what? I have been doing workouts that make me feel incredible. I feel out of this world better.
11) Take a weekend trip. Get out of town. Go on any kind of an adventure. Check in: I went on two so far this summer and there are always more to come.
12) Remain kind. Check in: I think I've done a pretty good job at this.
13) Reduce the amount of shopping I do.
Check in: This is hard from time to time, but I've been really good as of late.
14) Buy more flowers. Check in: Yes, I have and not only for myself, but for people who have impacted my life.
15) Pay it forward. I don’t believe we should think of ourselves all the time. It doesn’t matter how hard it is,
Check in: I want to help other people find what they love and I want them to be able to love themselves wholeheartedly. I have fallen in love with motivating other people. It's so wonderful.
Well, it looks like I've hit a lot of my goals. I think I'm going to make some more! 16) Be an Emerald coach with Beachbody. 17) Read one book a month.
18) Make more meals. I have so many cookbooks and I don't use them.. 19) Keep sharing my fitness/lifestyle journey.
20) Challenge myself. I get comfortable in my comfort zone. I know to continue to grow I need to be challenged and I need to keep learning. I never want to get stuck in my comfort zone because of fear.
21) Create relationships with people who support me and believe in my dreams.
23) Drink more water. Hydration is key.
24) Go for Gold. Just go for what I want and what I need.
25) Love myself. I want to be my number 1 supporter and silence my inner mean girl.
26) Organize more. I would so love to branch out and organize other peoples places.
27) Show more gratitude and write more thank you letters. I have dabbled in thanking people, but I love it and want to do more.
28) Show up for myself everyday. I want to workout in some shape or form everyday and I want to be eating everything that will make my body thrive for the day.
29) Do more yoga and use up my five classes.
30) Read books about women and gender every two months. Educating myself on this topic is so important to me. I took a class on it last semester and learnt more about myself in that class than I did in my whole university degree. The study of women and gender is so critical to everybody on this planet.
Thanks for reading and I hope you follow me along with achieving my goals,
sometimes, you just have to pay it forward.