Favourites: Nail Polish 2016
Today I thought I would share the nail polishes I've been reaching for the most this past year. I was going to do a top 5, but if you know me, you'll know I have over 120 bottles of nail polish, so I narrowed it down to eight.
1) Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 373 Nude Awakening. This is one coat and is a really nice nude with a taupe undertone. It's not as light as I wanted it to be, but it glides on and lasts so my search for the perfect nude continues. It retails at about $9-$10.
2) Ciaté London Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Nail Collection in Sundays "my off duty nude". I got this in an ipsy bag and was super disappointed it wasn't the red. Then I tried it! Yes, it takes like three coats, but with a gel top coat, it lasts like three to four days. It's super subtle and its the perfect light pink. Sephora says it retails at $29.
3) Essie's Marshmallow. I saw this on Pinterest and it was like this perfect creamy white shade and I went and bought it. The first few tries with this colour wasn't exactly great. Then I figured out how to apply it and ever since then, it's been great. Such a beautiful shade its very subtle. This is three-ish coats and it retails about $10.
4) Essie's Borrowed and Blue. It's creamy and opaque, it's the perfect shade of blue. I love it on my toes and nails and its so easy to apply. This is 2 coats and it retails at $10.
5) Maybelline New York in Lust for Lilac 165. I needed this shade for nail art and realized how opaque it was. It's a pretty bright lilac shade and it's super pretty. It lasts for a few days and it's $3.
6) O.P.I's Worth a Pretty Penny. It's a one glide colour. I needed one swipe and my nail was covered. It's the perfect rose gold colour and it lasts 2-3 days. It also retails at $10-$12.
7) Essie's Cute as a Button. This is a pink coral shade with a blue undertone. It's really nice, but it dries darker than expected. I love this colour. This is my second bottle. You need about two coats and it retails at $10.
8) Deborah Lippmann's Mermaids Dream. Two coats and then you'll have magical mermaid nails. It's a glitter polish with a duo-chrome base of blue-green/yellow and its partially texturized. There are small flecks of blue glitter and micro gold glitter. It retails at $22.
These are my favourite polishes right now, thanks for reading,