Road Reveals : My Favourite Nude Lipsticks
If you haven't noticed, nude lips are really having a moment right now. Not that they haven't always been beautiful, but they seem to be poping up everywhere. I have never really enjoyed wearing nude lipsticks, I actually saw no point to them until recently, but when I saw the shade 1993 from Urban Decay, I had to have it. However, when I swatched the shade on my hand, I soon realized how many nude shades there were and how bad some of them look on me. I have pale neutral skin and it doesn't like dark nude shades, it likes pink nude shades.
Here are my favourite shades:
1) Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Nude by Kate in 43: Definitly caught my eye as I was in Shoppers the other day. It was on sale, so I thought, why not, let's try this. The shade I have here is a light brown with a light hint of orange with a smidge of pink. It is quite creamy and not really matte, but it isn't shiny either. Very pretty for days when you have a never natual makeup day.
2) Cover Girl's Colorlicious Lipstick in Tempting Toffee: This colour definitly stood out from their lighter nude shades, those almost seemed too light for me and I really loved the more mauve tones. It's very much a mauve/pink shade, mixed with a beige undertone. The finish is quite glossy and quite hydrating.
3) Urban Decay's Matte Lipstick in Stark Naked: I really wanted the shade 1993, but this one worked so much better with my skin tone. It's the most beautiful nude with a hint of rose. It's so matte and I love matter shades, so be ready to look like you're on trend.
4) Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Nude by Kate in 42: There are four shades in this collection, I only saw three and one of them was just too light for me. This shade is definitly like 43, but it has the prettiest pink tones. It's a lot more sheer and kind of glossy, so it's great for days when you won't have time to re-touch your lipstick.
5) Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien: Yes, this was Sephora's birthday present last year, but it is honestly such a nice nude. It pulls more the pink side, but it's great for days when you want a little bit of a more natural lip. It most definitly is a satin finish, so again, it's wonderful for busy days or nights out.
Thanks for reading,