NEXT YEAR, IS THIS YEAR
Happy 2016, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! I had a great holiday season and a great 2015. I am so thankful for everyone who made 2015 memorable and for everyone in my life, you are just amazing people.
So how will I make more fearless decisions in 2016? I am going to start with making decisions that are holistically for myself. I am going to do things I want to do, because they make me happy and that is what I want to do. I find myself being very charitable with my time at times and I love volunteering, but sometimes, I forget about myself. I’m slowly starting to realize that I can be selfish with my time and I can also give back.
I’ve made a list of things I want to do this year and I am sharing some of them with you, because I want to. I like sharing my thoughts.
1) Go surfing. When I was in Hawaii five years ago, I tried it, and it truly was incredible. I want to do it again this summer.
2) Start my own YouTube channel. Yes, my blog will be expanding this year! I have wanted my own YouTube channel for five years and I think it’s time I start one.
3) Blog More. I blog quite a bit, but I would like to create more content that makes me proud. Not that my current content doesn’t, but there have been times this past year when I scrapped blog ideas because I just wasn’t proud of them and they needed more writing time.
4) Take Pictures and Frame them.
5) Be more friendly to the environment. Recycling is something I already do, but I want to be more aware of my carbon footprint. I want to be more aware of where my meat comes from and I want to make my own cheese. If you watch “Cowspiracy”, you will understand. There are just so many things I could be making myself instead of buying.
6) Spend less time on social media. I love it, but it can be a lot to take in sometimes.
7) Start a new hobby.
8) Take better care of my skin.
9) Get outside and enjoy the nature around me.
10) Do workouts that make me feel better. Going to the gym really doesn’t motivate me to be more fit and I need to find something that does.
11) Take a weekend trip. Get out of town. Go on any kind of an adventure.
12) Remain kind.
13) Reduce the amount of shopping I do. I shop a lot. What do I buy? Everything that I like. Obviously, I don’t go overboard, but I like shopping. I will shop less and use my products.
14) Buy more flowers. In 2015, I decided to get myself flowers because I could. I still can, so I am.
15) Pay it forward. I don’t believe we should think of ourselves all the time. It doesn’t matter how hard it is, sometimes, you just have to pay it forward.
I will not be posting on Thursdays anymore because my schedule is becoming a lot busier this term. I will most likely post on Sundays and the posts wont happen once a week. I will see what my weeks are like and then I’ll be posting regularly based off of that. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my blog posts, it means a lot!
Have a great 2016 and thanks for reading, Samantha